Friday, January 4, 2013

Update to last doctor's appointment

This is an update to another blog post I wrote about my Big Doctor's Appointment and to just update it.

After my oncologist talked with the surgeon, he emailed us saying "Dr. Liau had some hesitation about doing surgery given the location of one of the lesions near the ventricle, and the effects of the prior surgery on Melanie. Based on this, the consensus was to watch these lesions carefully and to consider radiation if there is further growth. We should see Melanie back in 3 months."

So that was good news to us as I wanted to have another surgery, but Sean would rather I didn't because it is so stressful on everyone before and during my surgery. It's like God's hands have been in this, because we were really worried about having to make another difficult decision. And in our support group we have seen people with some deficits from multiple surgeries and I had a lot of short term memory loss after my second surgery last December. We are good waiting, hoping it gives the vaccine more time to do what it's supposed to do and it will give me a chance to try more natural things which I have been researching quite a bit and have already started.

This was discussed a great deal by myself and my husband because it's such a huge decision...have another surgery which may have complications or do chemo for a year...luckily the doctor's made the decision for us and didn't even mention chemo, which I am in favor of delaying. One time my surgeon told us that statistically if you do chemo right away or wait until the tumor grows to do chemo, your life expectancy will be the same. So, I might as well keep chemo in my back pocket as long as I can.

Now we are on to try more natural treatments. I have read and heard so much regarding natural treatments. Some of the treatments we have researched are hemp oil (which does not get you high, but gives you the good cannabinoids you need to fight cancer), the Budwig Diet, H2O2 (edible hydrogen peroxide, infrared saunas, and Vitamin B-17, as well as juicing, eating a healthy vegetarian diet, and exercising (which we already do).

No comments:

Post a Comment