Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Mutant Cells- CarePages

Mutant Cells

Posted Sep 13, 2017 11:32pm

Edit: REPOSTED FROM CAREPAGES

Yesterday I got a call from Dr. Bush, my oncologist up at UCSF saying the DNA sequencing showed that I have 179 mutated genes out of the 480 genes. Apparently this is very rare and I am considered "hyper-mutated." It appears that the chemo I took for a year in 2014 is what caused my tumor cells to mutate. This is the same chemo I am currently taking and that scares the crap out of me. Now my oncologist at Cedars Sinai wants to see us to discuss this. It sucks and I'm bummed. Hopefully something can be changed in my treatment plan, but as of now I'm told this "standard of care" is the only thing they know even if it is pushing me closer to death.

No comments:

Post a Comment