Friday, March 14, 2014

Delays...never ending...1/4th of the way through

My chemo round scheduled for February 7th, was delayed when Sean told the doctor's office on the Wednesday before that my son had a fever, they pushed my chemo to the following week. So, yes, I started my chemo on Valentines day. Happy Vday for me!! But it was fine as my husband and boys all went camping in a father/son program they belong to called Indian Guides. So I had a nice restful weekend, until they came home on Sunday afternoon!!

Tuesday, in the wee morning hours, my 5year old, Ben, came into my room throwing up. Knowing that my husband had to leave at 4am to drive to Los Angeles to work for 2 days, I took care of him. I think (or I'm hoping) that I caught whatever he had as I threw up for the entire week through Saturday and felt worse than I had ever felt before on the chemo.

No exercise or special diet for me during the week as I was too weak, sick, and tired for anything. But I was happy that this, my 3rd round out of 12....marked me being 1/4th of the way through my chemo!!

So now, I'm looking forward to my 4th round of chemo starting today, March 14th...28 day cycle, makes remembering the dates from February to March very easy! However, I got a call that because of my blood work yesterday, it shows that my counts (platelets to be exact) are low. Now I'm not even sure what platelets are, so I looked it up online and saw that it has nothing to do with my iron count and that it means my blood wont clot and that I can bleed easily. I never knew there was so much to blood...they look at my platelets, white blood cells, and red blood cells.

And for some reason I have been feeling very tired, guess it has to do with a low platelet count, but again, I'm not sure...it just seems fitting that I feel so tired as a result of it.

2 comments:

  1. Thinking of you. I hope you are feeling a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you TDAG, I truly appreciate it!! And I am feeling better!!!

    ReplyDelete