Saturday, December 3, 2011

Welcome to CarePages

Welcome to CarePages

Posted Dec 3, 2011 12:24am

Edit: REPOST FROM CAREPAGES

After a week and a half of not knowing anything except that I have a brain tumor, I was looking forward to getting some info from the doctor. The first pathology report from my brain biopsy came back inconclusive. Sean and I went to the neurosurgeon yesterday and the the second pathology report came back inconclusive as well. The tumor is clearly visible on all of my brain images and now the neurosurgeon is concerned about the tumor surrounding arteries. The arteries pose a whole new set of possible side effects and in going over those with the doctor was the first time it really hit me. They may not be able to get the entire tumor out and may have to use chemo and radiation after the surgery.
My neurosurgeon scheduled my brain surgery to remove the tumor for Thursday, December 8th. We have an appointment on Monday to get a second opinion and will also have a doctor from UCLA look over the images and pathology reports that same day. Now we are just trying to make sure that we have the right plan of action.
My kiddos are are all doing well. It's fun seeing their caring nature come out of them and they all show it in such different ways than I would have expected. I'm looking forward to spending this weekend with my family and spoiling my kiddos. I'll update this as regularly as I can or have someone else post an update. Thank you all for the love and prayers. I fell so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment