Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Anniversary!!

Yesterday was my 1 year anniversary of my seizure, that lead doctors to the discovery that I have cancer. It was a strange day for me. On one hand I was feeling sad that a year of my life has already passed me by, but then my husband, Sean, said that I am in a much better place than I was a year ago. I've had most of the tumor removed through surgeries, a vaccine, and I still have chemo and radiation in my back pocket (because you can only do those once in your life and I haven't had them). So we celebrated as a family, since we're all in this together. We went to BJs restaurant and had a nice dinner and a pozookie, which is a freshly baked cookie with homemade ice cream on top. It was a good night. But the kids were worn out from the school day and started laying down at the end of our dinner. So we came home, had sparkling cider for the kids and champagne for Sean and I. It felt great to celebrate and spend time with my family.

Now I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving Day tomorrow, and thinking of all I have to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment